- Not every situation will be ideal for every performance indicator.
- One consideration is to develop a dynamic form that can adapt to the needs of the supervisee and the circumstances of the setting.
- For example, a checklist may include empty spaces at the bottom to include specific items discussed with the supervisee at the last supervision feedback session.
- If interval recording is something you want to include but plan to collect different behaviors in various situations, you could create the interval recording data collection area with a space to fill-in the target behavior and definition. The same could be true of the ratio recording. To provide more structure, a short list of possible target behaviors and definitions may be listed on the form and the supervisor can circle which target behavior will be recorded, with the option to switch to a different behavior each time the observation feedback form is used.
Observation Form Example 2 (Google doc version)
0 of 4 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 4 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Review / Skip
Question 1 of 4
There is a data sheet that the BACB requires supervisors to use to monitor performance.CorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 4
Check all that are weaknesses of checklist and rating scales.CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 4
Ratio is the best method to use for mastery of skills.CorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 4
Match up the types of data collection method with one of their strengths.
- Good for certain things that should always be observed for example safety behavior.
- Best if used when there are competing undesirable behaviors.
- These data may be very effective in prompting supervisees to analyze their own use of techniques and may be collected over time to document change.
- May be useful in monitoring a supervisee’s unprofessional habits
Checklist or rating scale.
Can you think of a way that you collect data during your ABA practice that you can modify for your supervision practice?