The overall goal will be to exercise on the elliptical for a total of 30 minutes per day.
The incremental goals will be:
- Use the elliptical for 10 minutes per day.
- Use the elliptical for 15 minutes per day.
- Use the elliptical for 25 minutes per day
An antecedent intervention will include the use of visual prompts next to the elliptical as well as next to the refrigerator. A second intervention will be to use a phone alarm to check how many minutes have been dedicated to using the elliptical.
The rewards will include:
- For every minute the elliptical is used, a minute of television watching will be provided.
- For every 15 minutes of elliptical use, a pat on the back will be given by a family member.
- For every 20 minutes of elliptical use, a hug will be provided by a family member.